The DJINN-ENODISE conference
Aeroacoustic Installation Effects in Conventional
and New Aircraft Propulsion Systems
22-24 November 2023, HdW/bbw, Berlin
!! LAST-MINUTE REGISTRATION POSSIBLE UNTIL 15 November 2023 !!
This conference aims to provide an open discussion platform for scientists interested in the field of aeroacoustics and noise reduction as well as an opportunity to share and discuss some of the results generated within the DJINN and ENODISE projects with a wider scientific audience.
Therefore, the key ambition is tied to the provision of advanced tools for coupled aerodynamics-aeroacoustics to enable (multi-disciplinary) design optimisation in future industrial environments and to reach a new level of noise reduction through highly collaborative effort – with the main innovative objectives targeting industrial needs.
Main Conference Topics:
- Aerodynamic and aeroacoustic installation effects in non-conventional aircraft architectures
- UHBR jet-airframe hydrodynamic and acoustic interactions
- Jet-airframe interaction noise technologies including flow-control techniques
- Innovative noise reduction technologies through shape optimization, surface treatments, add-ons, active control
- ‘Design-to-noise’ capabilities for jet-airframe interaction noise of under-wing and rear-fuselage mounted engines
- Improved solvers, highly adapted meshes for complex geometries, improved processing of data (‘co-processing), and high-performance computing (HPC) to reduce wall-clock times
- Advanced multi-fidelity modelling approaches for ‘rapid design’ of conventional and UAM aircraft
- Multi-disciplinary optimisation
- Please note: In respect of the DJINN project, a set of generic test cases has been made available via the DJINN website. Downloading is still possible. A special session is devoted to comparing results that have been carried out so far – offering an extended insight into the complex physics of these generic (open) test cases.
- Dr. Doug Boyd (NASA):
“Characterization of Urban Air Mobility Vehicle Operational Noise and Community Noise Impact”
- Dr. Leandro Rego (Capgemini Engineering):
“Passive Strategies for Reducing Jet Installation Noise”
- Prof. Kyriakos Giannakoglou (National Technical University of Athens):
“Continuous Adjoint in Shape Optimization, with applications in Aeroacoustics”
- With the special participation of Dr. Leonidas Siozos-Rousoulis (The European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA):
“The contributions of H2020 projects DJINN and ENODISE to EU-funded aviation noise research”
For more information about the conference, please click on the buttons below.
EU project ENODISE
EU project DJINN
von Karman Institute
EU project PULSAR
ECCOMAS Industrial Interest Group